Sunday, July 31, 2011

One more year...




It's about that time of year when both of my "babies" turn one year older. Boston first, on August 13th and then Hooper on September 1st. They have changed and learned so much in one year it is amazing. Mostly, they've learned how to drive their parents nuts while charming them at the same time.

Going on five, Hooper's big thing is telling one parent the other parent has approved of something like playing computer, when that said parent has not. He's good at it too. Frankly I'm expecting him to somehow negotiate a car if Shiloah and I don't pay attention. He likes movies now and has seen four in the theater. He's very upset when movies like Captain American (rated PG-13) are for grown ups and not little kids. He loves nothing more than to stay in nothing but his underwear all day long. Hopefully this is a summer phase. He likes you to watch how fast he runs. He also really likes sleepovers, except with Boston. Hooper likes to wrestle with Boston and do cartwheels around him, nearly clobbering Bo in the head every time. Hooper is getting so big that it would hurt to look at him if he wasn't such a beautiful child.

Boston Ren....oh Boston Ren. He has hit the terrible twos. In fact, he hit it two months ago, ran over it and it now doing donuts all around the terrible twos. He's naughty. Boston gets into EVERYTHING he shouldn't. Boston will hit any toddler, child or adult that gets in his way. He will even hit his parents when they are disciplining him. Boston has a hair trigger temper and gets mad all over his little body. He's stubborn and pig-headed. Boston is also the most squeezable, adorable, lovable melt-your-heart little boy you will ever meet. In Boston's personality, are wrapped two polar opposites of emotion, and you never know which one will get out of the crib in the morning. Boston likes to say, "Help! Help!" while on the changing table in the morning. He HATES shoes and tells us "OUCH!" when we know there is plenty of room. He loves wrestling with his brother and tries to do everything Hooper does, only better. He's not quite the good eater he was even two months ago. He's on the go too much to slow down to eat much. He still crawls in my lap and lets me rock him every now and then. When you pick him up sometimes he will pat your back as if to say, "It's okay Mama." Boston will say sorry with a smile that you know means he's not really sorry but you can't help but love him anyway. He's my baby.

My babies are growing up so fast and my heart hurts to even think about it. I remember their faces, their cries and even their smell as babies. I wish I could bottle it up so I'll never forget it, which is why I write this blog from time to time. I have told many people that having children is the most wonderfully horrible thing you'll ever do. It brings out your best and your worst somehow. But the real miracle is I love them so much that I only see the best parts of Shiloah and myself squeezed into those two boys. They are amazing and as sad as their getting older may be, I cannot wait to see what they'll do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment